Looking for ideas on holiday packages for hen party in Ireland?
We know organising a Hen Do can involve hours of trawling through search engines to look at various Hen Party offerings. Fear not, we’ve done all the research for you and have the very best 2020 Hen Party Weekend ideas in Ireland for you to think about here.
Why a Hen Party weekend in Ireland?
The question here should be, “why wouldn’t you chose Ireland for a hen party weekend”?! Ireland’s really hot on welcoming visitors and have a reputation for throwing a great shindig, so has got more hen party offerings than you can shake a blow-up bloke at. Prices are very reasonable and whilst only across the water, hens can emerse themselves in the unique culture and beautiful landscape of the Emerald Isle.
Hen Party Ideas Ireland
Ireland is perfectly suited for Hens looking for some fun abroad. Throw in some local charm, humour and the beautiful scenery, there’s a lot of activities and packages to choose from to make it the best Hen Party in Ireland.
If you’re looking for something active, consider:
- White water rafting near Dublin
- Zip-lining in Cork
- Horse-trekking Sligo
- Zorbing in Mayo
Want more sedate day time bridal party activities in Ireland?
- Group session of Laughter Yoga (several places)
- Jewellery making in Carrick
- Chocolate making in Tralee
- Cream tea at The Merrion Hotel in Dublin.
Perhaps you are looking for something a bit more amusing?
- Paint a nude dude in Dublin, CSI “Save the Groom” in Kilkenny
- “I’m a Hen, get me out of here!” jungle trial in Dunmore East
- Pedal Power mobile bar around the streets of Galway
- The Hen Party Game Show in Carrick to compete/ laugh with your mates!
Dublin Ireland things to do
Dublin seems to be the favourite hen do destination in Ireland and has a lot of things on offer for hen parties looking for the ‘craic‘ when the evening rolls around. Packages for a group of hens is often easier to book and loads are available. Depends what you think your hens would like the most, but you can pick from any of these as a starter for 10:
1. FATHER TED PARTIES – Believe it or not, this is a thing in Ireland and a few companies offer these! “Shindig Planner” will organise a Father Ted party for you and your hens in Dublin…Further afield, Carricks self-catering offers a x2 night self catering hen package which is around 155 EURO per person to include a party bus, Father Ted Party activity, a 3 course meal, and a private area in nightclub. Oh go aaaan!
2. IRISH DANCE NIGHT – the “Irish Dance Party” company will host you and your hens, will be MC’d by a professional Irish musician where you’ll see various performances by award winning Irish dance groups and can get involved later on.
3. COCKTAIL MAKING CLASSES – Of course there are a few of these going, but one of the best reviews lie with the flaring cocktail makers of, “Bad Bobs” of Temple Bar.
4. POLE DANCING – “Pole Dance Ireland” run packages in many towns of Ireland and these guys eat, sleep and breathe pole dancing, so you’d be in safe hands.
5. KARAOKE NIGHT – There are over 6 Karaoke hotspots in Dublin with one of the best being Ukiyo. This venue has been around for over 15 years, is in the heart of the city and covers 2 floors. It houses some of the most delicious cocktails and Asian themed food.
Travel to Ireland
Flying is cheap and easy to book, with flight times from London to Dublin only being 1 hour 35 mins. Aer lingus and Ryan Air have a lot of daily flights, but there are many more airlines available. If timing is an issue, I always find SkyScanner.com is really helpful, as it will look up trips where each way may be with a separate airline, but you can buy as a one off return trip.
To make it easier, simply search the flight times you are looking at from the RyanAir website, then copy/ paste the url link into an email or a WhatsApp to all the Hens, for them to modify & book flights for themselves.
Ferries do travel between Liverpool and Dublin, but take nearly 8 hours and arguably more expensive at around £68 as a foot passenger – then you have to factor in the travel to get to/ from the ports. Probably not worth it for a weekend and I wouldn’t recommend it after a party!
Hen Party Holiday Packages
The activities in the ideas section above can all be found within various packages from many companies. My view is that you are better off booking your flights and hen party packages separately, as total hen packages which include travel always seem much more expensive, plus travel could become an issue if there’s a problem with flights and you are having to go through a 3rd party for a group booking. But there are some nice accommodation + hen activity packages worth looking at.
Dublin has several hotel hen packages. The Temple Bar Hotel has put together a nice but simple package so that the hens can celebrate the evening in one placed and be totally catered for. At €65.00 per person, hens can sit down for a 3 course meal, followed by a 2 hr cocktail masterclass & finish the night off in our brand new venue “Buskers On The Ball” where you will have a reserved Ping Pong, Pool, Foos Ball or Shuffle Board table for 2 hours of fun followed by dancing until late!
Hen party weekend spa packages in Ireland could be a way forward either for those who want to mix it up from the city night out with relaxing daytime or those getting active in the great outdoors looking for some pampering the next day. Some of the best Hen spa breaks in Ireland include:
- The Imperial Hotel with Escape Spa (Cork),
- The Castlemartyr Resort with floor-ceiling windows (Cork),
- The Marker Hotel with infinity pool & views of Dublin,
- Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa (with ESPA spa) outside Dublin at the base of the Wicklow Mountains,
- The G Hotel designed by Philip Tracey (Galway)
- The Park Hotel with luxurious rituals at the SAMAS spa overlooking the bay at Kenmare
If a luxury hen party weekend is what you are after, you can’t go wrong with “the Ultimate Hen Weekend” package by the glorious Castleknock Hotel and Country Club (4*). Not only do you get to enjoy Dublin, but the €239pps package includes a fizzy wine greeting, half board, a spa treatment and finger food platters, with the snappy 1930’s New York Cocktail bar with an outdoor terrace for afterwards. In fact, everything you really need is on site.
Cheap Hen do
Cheap hen do packages also exist to help those on a budget. RyanAir always seems to offer the best flight deals and almost insanely cheap when everyone books in advance, even as low as £20! A budget travel company which deals specifically with Hen Travel and operates from Ireland worth a look is “Budget Travel” at https://www.budgettravel.ie/hen-party-holidays
There are a few bargain hen do package companies which operate from Ireland itself which is worth perusing so you can compare costs between towns and similar packages in house. These are, “The Foxy Hen“, “Shingdig Planner“, “Hen IT” and “Hen Party Sligo“.